Always remember: Surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures are medical procedures and should be undertaken only under the care of a trained specialist.
Your initial consultation appointment
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your cosmetic goals. We will evaluate you as a candidate to clarify what we can do for you. Understanding your goals and medical condition, both alternative and additional treatments may be considered.
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your complete medical history. This will include information about:
- Previous surgeries
- Past and present medical conditions
- Allergies and current medications
Additionally, it is important to tell your practitioner if you have ever had x-ray treatments of your facial skin, such as those used in the treatment of acne, or if you have had a chemical peeling procedure. Current or past use of Accutane, as well as Retin-A and other topical skin preparations, must be reported to your practitioner.
Your treatment plan
Based on your goals, physical characteristics we will share recommendations and information with you, including:
- An approach to your treatment, including the type of procedure or combination of procedures
- The outcomes that you can anticipate
- Your financial investment for the procedure
- Associated risks and complications
- Options for anesthesia and treatment location
- What you need to prepare for your treatment
- What you can expect to experience after treatment
- Show before and after photos of cases similar to yours and answer any questions